Mobile onboarding is one of the newest features of KitchenSync. Below you will find a guide to using the onboarding system, including troubleshooting and FAQs. If you have any questions that are not answered through this document, feel free to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Using the mobile system, you will need to text "onboard" to the mobile number that was texted to you. You will then receive a link to the brief onboarding form (see link in below image). Click this link and follow prompts. If you have multiple locations, you will receive a text prompting you to choose a location. (This link can be reused ONLY for this location. For instance, If Cody wants to onboard for Tejas rather than Paradiso, he would have to type “onboard” again and follow the instructions. If you are unsure which link you are using, scan the URL, as it will contain the restaurant name)
- Onboarding Survey: Once you complete the onboarding survey, your new hire will receive an Onboarding Survey via text or email (depending on what you selected). They should be advised to complete this as soon as possible. They will also be redirected to the electronic version of Employee Handbook.
- Signature Packet: New Hire will receive a signature request from Hellosign after they complete their Survey. They will need to review and sign this packet to complete their onboarding.
- ID Verification Check: When an employee completes this survey, Managers will be sent the Onboarding ID Check via mobile/email. This should only be completed once you have seen a new employee’s I-9 eligible IDs. (For instance, US Passport, Permanent Residence Card, Driver’s Licence + Social Security Card). Once you complete this form, it will email you a Hellosign signature packet with the Second part of the I-9. Sign off on this form to complete.
Frequently Asked Questions
- What should I do if my employee does not have access to a phone or email?
Answer: During the initial onboarding, select the option to send the survey to the Default Onboarding Email”. This will allow the new hire to use a computer or tablet on-site to complete the onboarding survey. The default email is generally one that can be accessed by all of the management team. To change this email, send a request to Joe at email@example.com.
- Is the onboarding available in Spanish?
Answer: Yes, the onboarding survey is available in Spanish. The new hire can request this at the beginning of the initial onboarding survey. However, the new hire will still need to sign English versions of the onboarding documents sent through Hellosign for legal reasons.
- How do I get set up with Mobile onboarding?
Answer: You must be a KitchenSync User to be able to access the mobile-onboarding feature. If you are not a KitchenSync, request access from your Manager. If you are a KitchenSync user, just email firstname.lastname@example.org and request Mobile onboarding be set up with your account. Below is an example of where a Manager can add a new KS user:
Feedback: Please send any feedback you have to email@example.com. We are continually looking for ways to make this process seamless, and your feedback is the best way we can do this. Thanks in advance for all of your support.