'Other Earnings' consist of any pay your employee is owed outside of their regular hourly wages. This includes but is not limited to:
- Backpay Tips
- Backpay Wages
- Break Exception Pay
- Bonus Pay
- Retro Pay
- Sick Pay
- Vacation Pay
Follow these step-by-step instructions to add 'other earnings' to an employee's record in the payroll module.
1. Log into KitchenSync and access the Payroll Module application (located in the applications tab)
2. Click into the 'Payroll' section in the left-hand menu
3. Click into the 'Employee Earnings' sub-category
4. Ensure you are on the correct employee's pay record
5. If you are adding additional pay, click the blue arrow next to 'Other Earnings'
6. A pop-up will appear asking you to select the type of other earning you are adding. Select the appropriate type of pay and click 'ok'
*NOTE* If you do not see the type of earning you need to add, please submit a request to add the earning code by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
*NOTE* If you are managing multiple locations in the payroll module, ensure the appropriate location is selected in the "Location" field
*NOTE* If the employee works multiple positions, ensure the appropriate position is selected in the "Department/Job" field
7. In the appropriate field/day enter the GROSS PAY owed to the employee. For example, if the employee is owed 8 hours of vacation pay at $20/hour, enter $160 in the appropriate space.
8. Click the blue 'SAVE' button on the bottom right
9. The same steps should be followed when entering 'Gross Deductions' or 'Net Adjustments'.
- Aside from the 'Employee Earnings' screen, a great place to review all earnings or deductions added to an employee's pay record is on the 'Payroll Summary' screen.
- Avoid using 'Other Pay'! Earnings or deductions should always be attributed to a specific earnings or deduction type. Not sure which one to use? Ask support: email@example.com or text us 424-248-9289