Follow these step-by-step instructions to add an employee to the payroll module:
1. Log into KitchenSync and access the Labor Module application (located in the applications tab)
2. Click into the 'Employees' section in the left-hand menu
3. Click into the 'Employment Info' subcategory:
4. In the 'Select from' drop-down list, select "All" employees:
5. In the blue drop-down list of employee names, check for the name of the employee you are seeking to add. If the name appears, skip step 6.
6. If the employee's name is not in the drop-down list, click the "Add Employee" button
7. Enter and save all available data on the 'General Info' Page (First Name, Last Name, Gender, Date of Birth, SSN, Address, Photo, Phone, Email).
8. Enter and save all available data on the 'Employment Info' Page (Job Classification, Status, Date of Hire, Officer, Eligibility, Visa Type, Job Information).
How to Add an Employee's Job Information on the 'Employment Info' Page:
a. Add the employee's job information by clicking the "+" (plus sign) next to 'Add Job':
b. Fill-in all of the information in the "Add New Job" pop-up:
c. To add a new job title click the "+" (plus sign) next to the 'Job' field, type in the new title, then click the "✓" (check-mark) to save
d. Mark off the 'Manager' box only if the employee is a manager
e. Be sure to select the correct effective date for the employee’s position
f. Click the 'save' button in the "Add New Job" pop-up
g. Click "save" again back on the "Employment Info' Page.
a. You can complete this step later, too, and it must be done for each job an employee holds.
10. Enter and save all available data on the "Tax Info" Page.