1. An authorized party can contact the IRS by calling the Business & Specialty Tax Line at (800) 829-4933.
- The hours of operation are 7:00 a.m. - 10:00 p.m. local time, Monday through Friday.
- Examples of an authorized person include, but are not limited to, a sole proprietor, a partner in a partnership, a corporate officer, a trustee of a trust, or an executor of an estate.
2. An assister will ask for identifying information and verbally provide the FEIN.
3. Ask for a fax of the business' SS-4 application, or a letter from IRS with their FEIN and legal name listed.
- The KitchenSync fax number is 424.280.3013.
- Official IRS documentation is required to open a payroll account. Verbal conveyance of this information and previous quarter tax returns are not sufficient.