The Weekly Performance Summary from KitchenSync is designed to give owners and managers a quick email-based snapshot of their restaurant's financial performance over the last calendar week.
KitchenSync users with the appropriate permissions will receive a preliminary Weekly Performance Summary on Tuesday mornings. This version of the report contains an estimated labor cost for the week, calculated prior to payroll processing. The final report is sent on Thursdays after payroll has been processed.
Note: restaurants with bi-weekly payroll processing will also receive the preliminary version of this report on the Thursday of an 'off' payroll week
Here are some key things to note about the Weekly Performance Summary:
- All weeks in KitchenSync run from Monday to Sunday
- YTD = 'year to date'
- PY= 'prior year'
- PW = 'prior week'
- Sourced directly from the restaurant's point-of-sale system (POS)
- Calculated as [Gross Receipts - Tips - Taxes]*
- Discounts & Comps are included
- Voids are NOT included
- 'YTD Sales' are for the calendar year, not the fiscal year, which may begin earlier
*this may differ from your POS system's calculation of 'gross sales'
Cost of Goods
- Sourced directly from Xero or Quickbooks
- Calculated as [Purchases* +/- Change in Inventory**]
*invoices received after 10pm on Monday may not be included
** major increases in reported inventory may cause Cost of Goods to be negative for the week
- Calculated within the KitchenSync payroll module (requires payroll subscription)
- Includes approved AND unapproved hourly labor on preliminary (Tuesday) version and approved hours only on the final (Thursday) version
- Backpay, bonuses, and reimbursements are NOT included